Berthas Beach and Gentoo Penguins Up Close in Their Natural Habitat.
I believe this tour is a real Falklands experience!
I will meet you at the jetty center in Stanley and together decide on the plan for the day- I believe flexibility is so important, as creating a memorable day is my priority! We will travel across the East Falklands on the way to Bertha’s Beach and I will try and pass on as much information as I can about my home.
As we travel we will pass several interesting sights from the battlefields of the Falklands War to the local geological anomaly of the stone runs.
Before you know it we will be arriving at the long white sands of Berthas Beach. A 5-minute walk from the car and we will be surrounded by Gentoo Penguins industriously working away raising their chicks.
A hot drink and snack, and we will be ready to travel back for the guided tour of Stanley the Falklands Capital taking in all the main sights. Then to finish up I can drop you wherever you would like with some time left to explore Stanley or happy to recommend a restaurant/pub if required.
The tour will be a half day trip taking approximately 4-5hrs and will include:
– Pick up in 4WD vehicles from the Stanley area.
– Trip to Berthas Beach- time to explore the white sands of Bertha’s Beach and large colony of Gentoo Penguins. If you’re lucky see the occasional King Penguin and dolphin.
– On returning to Stanley enjoy the guided highlights tour of the Falklands capital and explore the area surrounding Stanley, wildlife, history and battlefields- flexibility built in.
– On completion of the tour you will still have time to explore Stanley yourself and we are happy to recommend somewhere to eat/drink.
– Hot drink and snack along the way.
If you have any specific questions or interest, please feel free to send me a message. I can customize the tour for you.
MEETING POINT + TOUR DURATION
Meeting Point Options: Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Suggested by Guide: Jetty Centre in Stanley – where cruise ships tender to shore.
Duration: 4 hours 30 min.
4-5hrs dependning on weather and the groups preferences.
4WD Toyota Landcruiser.
If you would like to book for a larger group then get in touch and I will do what I can to accommodate and provide a new quotation
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Admission Tickets
ESTIMATED LOCAL CASH NEEDED
30 GBP – Only necessary for souvenirs or a drink in one of the local pubs at the end of the tour. Bank cards are accepted in most shops otherwise GBP or USD are accepted.
- Personal Expenses
A lot of the wildlife view point locations we visit are wild spaces without tourism infrastructure. Therefore it is often necessary that there will be some walking over uneven ground. I will give more information on the tour pages.