Climbing Experience (3-4 hrs)
£75/person- minimum 3 persons per booking*
4-8 £250/per group
The climbing venue may be between 10 and 45 mins travel from Stanley. Tour highlights:
- Perfect for team building and birthday parties.
- Climb on almost untouched climbing venues.
- Have the opportunity to try an adrenaline pumping abseil.
- View the wild mountains of East Falklands.
- Explore the remnants of the 1982 conflict including old Argentine shelters and monuments.
Stanley and surrounding area *Discounts available for Residents and Military. Contact us for more details. Guide, Equipment, Transportation and Hot Drink Offered in English
Tour TimingsThe climbing experience will be approximately 4hrs depending on travel time. A more advanced trip to bigger and better venues could be organised. The trip will include:
- Pick up in 4WD vehicles from the Stanley area if necessary.
- All equipment and guidance necessary.
- Preparation of climbing equipment- depending on the goals of the group.
- A bespoke climbing experience depending on the interests and aspirations of the group.
Backup PlanClimbing is a weather-dependent activity and the Falklands’ weather does change very quickly with strong winds, which can have a particularly unpleasant effect on a climbing trip. If it isn’t safe or going be as enjoyable as it should be the trip will be postponed, or an alternative activity provided.Who We Can Cater ForBecause of the safety kit that is available we cannot cater for everyone.
- You must be at least 11 years old.
- All children below the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian..
- All participants must weigh between 30kg and 110kg (safety equipment limits).
- If you are pregnant then I’m sorry but you will not be able to come on this tour.
- If you have any medical/other important information that we should be aware about you must include this on your booking. This is so we can assess whether this tour is appropriate and if we can cater for your needs safely. If it’s not possible to go ahead with your booking we will let you know at the earliest opportunity.
Is It For You?No matter what your previous climbing experience is we can adjust this experience to suit you. We also offer this experience for birthday parties or as a team building activity. Everything we do is planned with sensitivity towards the safety and experience of the client and eco-friendly interaction with the natural environment.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING WITH ME?
The following items will make your day more comfortable. If you are having a problem obtaining any of these items, then get in touch and we will try and help you out. The sun is deceivingly strong in the Falklands due to the cooling winds resulting in a high risk of sunburn.Essential Kit-
- Warm clothing/thermals/hat.
- A pair of old trainers.
- Sun protection- cream, hat and sunglasses (important even in cloudy conditions)
- Warm socks.
- Windproof jacket.
Q. Do you have to be an accomplished climber?
A. Not at all. All abilities are welcome.
Q. Do you like to get off the beaten track?
A. Yes – then this is the tour for you. Falklands Outdoors are the only tour provider offering outdoor adventurous activities, and locations are chosen for remoteness and to provide a completely different perspective to the normal tourist trail.