Falklands Adventure Day- a personal and unique adventure.
To make the most of the changeable weather in the Falklands we are offering a day based around a wildlife experience and adventurous activity. You’ll have to trust us to plan the perfect day no matter what the weather.
This trip is one of our favorite trips to run as we plan it around making the most memorable day for you! We believe this personal unique and tailored experience, while being active and immersing yourself in the environment makes a memory for life. This combination of adventure activity and wildlife iteration makes this a really special day!
Please get in touch if you are interested in this adventure and we can start planning your trip today!
Is this tour right for you?If you’re adventurous, energetic and are excited by the thought of spending the day outside then this is the tour for you. Come and ‘explore more’ with Falklands Outdoors. Everything we do is planned around the safety and experience of the client and responsible interaction with nature.
- A combination of adventure activity and wildlife experience- catering for all abilities and experience levels.
- We will plan the day around your preferences as well as to make the most of the changeable weather in the Falklands.
- Adventure activities that could be on offer, kayaking, mountain biking, climbing, hill walking, battlefield walks, surfing, fishing, inflatable RIB trips- all are weather dependent.
- Wildlife watching experience often visiting locations such as Berthas Beach, Yorke Bay and Gypsy Cove where Gentoo and Magellanic penguins can be seen. Or taking to the water in sea kayak or RIB to see the dolphins and Sea lions.
- We will plan around your preferences to make the day a memorable adventure.
- All essential activity equipment will be provided.
MEETING POINT + TOUR DURATION
Meeting Point Options: Stanley- To be organised- often we meet at the cruise ship port (where cruise ships tender to shore).
Duration: 5 hours depending on weather and the groups preferences.
Depending on the group size and trip plan either a VW transporter or 4WD Toyota Land cruiser- max group of 6.:
- Pick up in 4WD vehicles from the Stanley area..
- Packed lunch during the day.
- All equipment necessary to take part in the adventurous activity.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Admission Fees
- Packed lunch provided (contact me for preferences and dietary restrictions.) Lunch will include (or similar): Home made sandwich- cheese and tomato/ cheese and pickle/ cheese and salad, home made snack/cake, crisps or similar, piece of Fruit chocolate bar, water/tea/coffee.
ESTIMATED LOCAL CASH NEEDED
30 GBP – Only necessary for souvenirs or a drink in one of the local pubs at the end of the tour. Bank cards are accepted in most shops otherwise GBP or USD are accepted.
- Personal Expenses
Because of the outdoor equipment and safety kit we have available we cannot cater for everyone.
- You must be at least 11 years old.
- All children below the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- All participants must weigh between 30kg and 110kg (safety equipment limits).
- If you are pregnant then I’m sorry but you will not be able to come on this tour.
- If you have any medical/other important information that we should be aware about you must include this on your booking. This is so we can assess whether this tour is appropriate and if we can cater for your needs safely. If it’s not possible to go ahead with your booking we will let you know at the earliest opportunity.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING
The following items will make your day more comfortable. If you are having a problem obtaining any of these items, then get in touch and we will try and help you out. The sun is deceivingly strong in the Falklands due to the cooling winds resulting in a high risk of sunburn.
- Sun protection- cream, hat and sung glasses (important even in cloudy conditions).
- A spare pair of footwear that you don’t mind getting wet.
- Spare clothing and towel in case you get wet.
- Warm Hat
- Warm clothing/thermals/socks.
- Waterproof camera/phone case.
Q. Do I get a say in what activity we do?
A. Yes. The day will be planned equally around the groups preferences and making the most of the weather conditions. Let us know the activities you would like and we will try our best to make it happen. Our aim is to make the most memorable day possible!
Q. Do you have to be competent in all the outdoor activities on offer?
A. No, there is no need to be experienced in the activities on offer we can cater for all levels.
Q. Do you like to get off the beaten track?
A. Yes – then this is the tour for you. Falklands Outdoors are the only tour provider offering outdoor adventurous activities, and locations are chosen for remoteness and to provide a completely different perspective to the normal tourist trail.
Q. Do you like a challenge?
A. Yes – great, life in the South Atlantic can be challenging. The weather can change quickly and the sea temperature is certainly fresh! However, the rewards far outweigh any discomfort.