Falklands Adventure Day (5-6 hrs)
To make the most of the changeable weather in the Falklands we are offering a day based around a wildlife experience and adventurous activity. You’ll have to trust us to plan the perfect day no matter what the weather. Tour Highlights:
- A wildlife watching experience often visiting locations such as Berthas Beach and Gypsy Cove where Gentoo and Magellanic penguins can be seen.
- We will plan around your preferences to make the day a memorable adventure.
- If we can we will have the opportunity to sea kayak in the incredible wildlife rich environment surrounding Stanley.
- Other activities on offer could be mountain biking, climbing, hill/wildlife/battlefield walks, surfing, fishing and wildlife watching boat trips.
- All essential activity equipment will be provided.
Stanley and surrounding area *Discounts available for Residents and Military. Contact us for more details. Guide, Equipment, Transportation and Hot Drink Offered in English
Tour TimingsThe tour will be a full day trip. This will include:
- Pick up in 4WD vehicles from the Stanley area..
- Packed lunch during the day.
- All equipment necessary to take part in the adventurous activity.
Backup PlanSome of the activities are very weather-dependent so with our local knowledge, forecasts and your preferences we will choose the perfect activity for your day.Who We Can Cater ForBecause of the outdoor equipment and safety kit we have available we cannot cater for everyone.
- You must be at least 11 years old.
- All children below the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- All participants must weigh between 30kg and 110kg (safety equipment limits).
- If you are pregnant then I’m sorry but you will not be able to come on this tour.
- If you have any medical/other important information that we should be aware about you must include this on your booking. This is so we can assess whether this tour is appropriate and if we can cater for your needs safely. If it’s not possible to go ahead with your booking we will let you know at the earliest opportunity.
Is It For You?If you’re a bit more adventurous than the average traveller, energetic and are excited by the thought of getting outside then this is the tour for you. Come and ‘explore more’ with Falklands Outdoors. Everything we do is planned with sensitivity towards the safety and experience of the client and eco-friendly interaction with nature.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING WITH ME?
The following items will make your day more comfortable. If you are having a problem obtaining any of these items, then get in touch and we will try and help you out. The sun is deceivingly strong in the Falklands due to the cooling winds resulting in a high risk of sunburn.Essential Kit-
- Sun protection- cream, hat and sung glasses (important even in cloudy conditions).
- A spare pair of footwear that you don’t mind getting wet.
- Spare clothing and towel in case you get wet.
- Warm Hat
- Warm clothing/thermals/socks.
- Waterproof camera/phone case.
Q. Do I get a say in what activity we do?
A. Yes. The day will be planned equally around the groups preferences and making the most of the weather conditions. Let us know the activities you would like and we will try our best to make it happen. Our aim is to make the most memorable day possible!
Q. Do you have to be competent in all the outdoor activities on offer?
A. No, there is no need to be experienced in the activities on offer we can cater for all levels.
Q. Do you like to get off the beaten track?
A. Yes – then this is the tour for you. Falklands Outdoors are the only tour provider offering outdoor adventurous activities, and locations are chosen for remoteness and to provide a completely different perspective to the normal tourist trail.
Q. Do you like a challenge?
A. Yes – great, life in the South Atlantic can be challenging. The weather can change quickly and the sea temperature is certainly fresh! However, the rewards far outweigh any discomfort.
Contact Us to Book a Tour
Let us know your preferred tours, along with dates, and we will do our best to organise an adventure specifically for you!