Guided Hill Walking/Battlefield Tour (3-4 hrs)
£65/person minimum 2 persons per booking*
4-8 £220/per group
Between 10 and 45 minutes travel time from Stanley. Tour highlights:
- Explore the hills surrounding Stanley allowing for a great view of Stanley and East Falkland.
- Explore the remnants of the 1982 conflict including shelters and memorials.
- Look at some of the options for foraging and sample a few local delicacies.
Stanley and surrounding area *Discounts available for Residents and Military. Contact us for more details. Guide, Equipment, Transportation and Hot Drink Offered in English
Tour TimingsThe tour will take approximately 4hrs however this will vary depending on the location. Get in touch if you would like to visit a specific area or even fancy an overnight expedition and we will try our best to help. The tour will include:
- Pick up in 4WD vehicles from the Stanley area if necessary.
- Preparation and route planning depending on the group and particular areas of interest such as wildlife, nature or history.
- A guided bespoke experience.
- Hot drink.
Backup PlanThe Falklands weather does change very quickly with strong winds. We will do what we can to select a route with some shelter if necessary but there may still be circumstances when the trip will not be possible and will be postponed, or an alternative activity provided.Who We Can Cater For
- • Any age groups would be welcome on the trip however they must be physically prepared to walk over rough terrain for an extended period. Get in touch if in any doubt.
- • All children below the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- • If you have any medical/other important information that we should be aware about you must include this on your booking. This is so we can assess whether this tour is appropriate and if we can cater for your needs safely. If it’s not possible to go ahead with your booking we will let you know at the earliest opportunity.
Is It For You?If you would like an energetic tour where you get to really experience the Falklands, then this is the tour for you. Great views, interesting plants and amazing visible history. For those who want an adventure come and ‘explore more’ with Falklands Outdoors.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING WITH ME?
The following items will make your day more comfortable.If you are having a problem obtaining any of these items, then get in touch and we will try and help you out. The sun is deceivingly strong in the Falklands due to the cooling winds resulting in a high risk of sunburn.Essential Kit-
- Warm clothing/thermals.
- Walking shoes or boots.
- Windproof jacket.
- Sun protection-cream, hat and glasses (important even in cloudy conditions).
- Warm hat and gloves.
- Warm socks.
- Snacks or possibly a packed lunch.