Hill Walking – guided hill walking/battlefield tour (3hrs).
Explore the hills around Stanley.
Hill walking in the Falklands:
Hill walking in the Falklands is a popular past time. The hills are baron and windswept but also vast and beautiful. There is much to be seen from the interesting local flora and fauna with plenty of foraging opportunities. To the remnants and memorials of the Falklands conflict where stories of bravery and superhuman strength make them an inspiring place to step foot.
Thankfully the Falklands is now declared mine free….as all the minefields have been cleared. But care still must be taken not to touch anything that looks suspicious. The Falkland Islands tourist board has recently published leaflets on recommended walking routes all around the Falklands.
Our guided hill walking tour will give you a real feel of the Falklands landscape flora and fauna as well as gaining an understanding of the recent conflict and battlefield sites.
£65/person minimum 2 persons per booking*
4-8 £220/per group
*Approximate prices depending on location. Discounts available for Residents and Military. Contact us for more details.
Between 10 and 45 minutes travel time from Stanley. Tour highlights:
- Explore the hills surrounding Stanley allowing for a great view of Stanley and East Falkland.
- Explore the remnants of the 1982 conflict including shelters and memorials.
- Look at some of the options for foraging and sample a few local delicacies.
Get in touch if you would like to visit a specific area or even fancy an overnight expedition and we will try our best to help.
The Falklands weather does change very quickly with strong winds. We will do what we can to select a route with some shelter if necessary but there may still be circumstances when the trip will not be possible and will be postponed, or an alternative activity provided.
MEETING POINT + TOUR DURATION
Meeting Point Options: Stanley- to be organised.
Duration: 3 hours depending on weather and the groups preferences.
4WD Toyota Land cruiser- max group of 6.:
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- All age groups are welcome on the trip however they must be physically prepared to walk over rough terrain for an extended period. Get in touch if in any doubt.
- All children below the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- If you have any medical/other important information that we should be aware about you must include this on your booking. This is so we can assess whether this tour is appropriate and if we can cater for your needs safely. If it’s not possible to go ahead with your booking we will let you know at the earliest opportunity.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING
The following items will make your day more comfortable.If you are having a problem obtaining any of these items, then get in touch and we will try and help you out. The sun is deceivingly strong in the Falklands due to the cooling winds resulting in a high risk of sunburn.
- Warm clothing/thermals.
- Walking shoes or boots.
- Windproof jacket.
- Sun protection-cream, hat and glasses (important even in cloudy conditions).
- Warm hat and gloves.
- Warm socks.
- Snacks or possibly a packed lunch.