Guided Mountain Bike Tour (3 hrs)
+Highlights of Stanley and the surrounding area.
The half day tour will take in all the sites of Stanley travelling through the capital and down the harbour front stopping for Smoko (traditional afternoon tea). The tour will end with the stunning view of the pristine white sandy beaches and Magellanic penguins at Gypsy Cove.
· Close up visit to some of Stanley’s most important buildings and landmarks with a Falkland Islands Tourist Board accredited guide.
· Electric bikes available to cater for all fitness levels.
· Visit remote and secluded locations off the tourist path.
· Traditional Smoko included (morning/afternoon tea).
The tour will be a half day trip taking approximately 3hrs. This will include:
· Pick up in 4WD vehicles from the Stanley area and transportation to the start of the tour.
· Bike orientation and instruction.
· Guided tour through Stanley, past several iconic Falklands landmarks.
· Smoko stop– traditional mid morning/afternoon snack and hot drink.
· Pick up from Gypsy Cove and transportation back to Stanley.
BACK UP PLAN
The Falklands weather does change very quickly with strong winds. We will do what we can to select a route with some shelter if necessary but there may still be circumstances when the trip will not be possible and will be postponed, or an alternative activity provided.
WHO CAN WE CATER FOR?
Because of the limitations of the kit that is available we cannot cater for everyone.
· You must be at least 11 years old.
· All children below the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
· All participants must be competent on a mountain bike to ride on the road, gravel track and short sections of undulating off road single track.
· If you are pregnant then I’m sorry but you will not be able to come on this tour.
If you have any other medical/important information that we should be aware of you must include this on your booking. This is so we can assess whether this tour is appropriate and if we can cater for your needs safely. If it’s not possible to go ahead with your booking we will let you know at the earliest opportunity.
IS IT FOR YOU?
If you would like an energetic tour where you get to really experience the Falklands, then this is the tour for you. Great views, interesting history and amazing wildlife. Everything we do is planned with sensitivity towards the safety and experience of the group and eco-friendly interaction with nature. The particularly low environmental Impact of this tour is a real positive for future tourism.
If this all sounds good book now and ‘explore more’ with Falklands Outdoors.
TOUR PRICE INFO:
£90/person– regular mtb
(4 eBikes available)
Minimum booking of 2 Maximum booking of 8
4+ £65/person- regular
Stanley and Surrounding Area
* Discounts available for Residents and Military @15%
Guide, Equipment, Transportation and Morning/Afternoon Tea
Offered in English
WHAT SHOULD I BRING WITH ME?
The following items will make your day more comfortable. If you are having a problem obtaining any of these items, then get in touch and we will try and help you out. The sun is deceivingly strong in the Falklands due to the cooling winds -resulting in a high risk of sunburn.
· Warm clothing/thermals/socks.
· Hard wearing shoes or boots.
· Sun protection- cream, hat and sunglasses (important even in cloudy conditions).
· Windproof jacket.
· Water bottle.
· Warm Hat.
· Small rucksack to carry camera and water.